The development team at Highfive is burning the candle at both ends to bring you quality and reliability improvements to the Highfive experience. With version 2.17, you’ll see new versions of the software for the Highfive device, the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app. Some of the most critical fixes described below have already been hot-patched onto 2.16.
- Added local country dial-in phone numbers for Thailand, Malaysia, and South Korea.
- Fixed an issue where Highfive devices would display a different URL under "Get Started At" after being used on a call in a different domain.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Highfive devices to display an error if they were set up more than 2 years ago.
- Fixed a number of crashes that interrupt Highfive calls. The top 7 most common crashes of the Highfive device in 2.16 are fixed with this release.
- Decreased the frequency of “pulsating” pixelated video from Highfive devices under poor network conditions.
- Fixed a long-standing bug that would occasionally prevent moving a call to a Highfive device. We’re still working on other root causes of this type of failure, but we believe this fix addresses the most common.
- Fixed a rare case of nearby Highfive devices not showing up in the app for selection following a specific type of server error event.
- Fixed a bug that intermittently causes remote video feeds to not show up on the screen.
- Fixed a case of no video sent from a Highfive device.
- No more "poor connection" warnings on top of your screen sharing feeds.
- Fix for a critical issue that caused some guests to not know if they were sending video.
- Fixed an occasional crash of the iOS app.
- Changed participant icon color to match other clients.
Desktop and Web
- Redesigned the app home screen to be more clear for new users and added UI for scheduling Highfive calls in the future.
- Fixed a common cause of device selection preferences not being saved and applied.
- Added a “System Default” option to the list of audio capture & playout devices, and making it the default selection when no saved preference is found. This should fix a common source of confusion that leads to hearing no audio in a Highfive call.
- Restore the “Add meeting” button from the calendar feature that was inadvertently removed in 2.16.
- On mac, the app icon in the dock will show the count of waiting guests and bounce when the count changes.
- An improvement that addresses one source of unexpected call disconnects.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.