2.20 brings more reliability improvements to the 2.x platform, and rounds out our Dolby Voice offering by bringing it to the Android app. You’ll see new versions of the software for the Highfive device, the mobile apps, and the desktop app. We hope you’ll enjoy the improvements, and as always please let our support team know how we can help with anything.
- Fixed a bug that would rarely incorrectly play a “there is nobody else in the call” on a dial-in connection when there were in fact others connected to the call.
- No longer prompting for a text comment following a thumbs up rating.
- When moving a call from a TV back to a laptop, fixed a bug that would occasionally prevent the correct audio device from being selected or the correct mute state being displayed in the UI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the webcam to stay on (even though it was not transmitting video to Highfive) when video muted.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally result in a blank spot being shown in place of video for several seconds or more. If the app is waiting for the first frame of video to be rendered, it now displays the name of the caller below the region where the video will be displayed.
- Fixed a regression that was preventing the app from being handed off in the latest version of Mozilla Firefox (52). This fix was already hot-patched on 2.19.
- Made a change to the app to wait longer to establish a connection when joining a meeting. This improves reliability under some challenging network conditions such as high latency. This fix was already hot-patched on 2.19.
- Reduced meeting disconnects in response to certain unexpected errors when communicating with the Highfive service. This should generally improve reliability. This fix was already hot-patched on 2.19.
- Significantly reduced CPU usage, which will improve video and audio quality, on Highfive devices that are paired with Dolby Conference Phones.
- Fixed several instances of poor quality video being sent from Highfive devices. This was partially hot-patched on 2.19 already.
- Made a change to wait longer to establish a connection when joining a meeting. This improves reliability under some challenging network conditions such as high latency.
- Added the full capability of Dolby Voice to the Android app. This adds spatial stereo audio in meetings with multiple participants or Dolby conference phones, noticeably better audio quality, less stutter and scratchy audio, better echo cancellation, and better microphone automatic volume control.
- Guests are no longer required to take a photo to enter the waiting room.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.