2.21 is full of improvements for our 2.x platform. One of the most exciting updates in this release is the new dial-in view which simplifies the process of generating dial-in numbers for your calls. You’ll see new versions of the software for the Highfive device, the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app. We hope you’ll enjoy the improvements, and as always please let our support team know how we can help with anything.
- Highfive calendar invitations now include a dedicated dial-in link. When using this link to generate a dial-in number, you will not be prompted to open or install the Highfive application. This gives all users one-click access to a dial-in number without PIN codes or lists of international numbers, for all meetings.
- Poor connection messaging and frozen grayscale frame will no longer be displayed for users with poor network conditions. We're trying this change in response to feedback that the “poor connection” message is distracting and not valuable in many situations.
- Audio and video will now start slightly faster when users join a call.
- Updated seasonal background images for spring on the Highfive device and desktop app.
- Highfive desktop app will now auto-reconnect and restore call state after disconnects caused by network issues. This fix was already deployed on version 2.20.
- Corrected an issue that would cause Dolby devices to disassociate with the Highfive device and display “...” instead of the name of the Highfive device. This fix has already been deployed onto 2.20 devices.
- Fixed occasional black flashes and video freezes that occurred in certain calls.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a disconnection while presenting to a Highfive device to show the feedback screen. A disconnection in this condition now automatically attempts reconnect.
- Quicker recovery from rare cases of audio capture ceasing to work on units not paired with Dolby Conference Phones.
- Android users now have the option to join video calls without enabling their camera, making it consistent with the iOS experience.
- End of call feedback has been added to the Android app. Users are now able to rate their call experience when calls end.
- iOS users who use Google authentication now see an updated login flow with a cleaner feel. This was done to accommodate new restrictions Google has placed on device OAuth.
- Improved connection reliability.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.