2.22 brings further stability and reliability improvements to our 2.x platform, as well as a few features on the mobile apps. We hope you’ll enjoy the updates, and as always please let our support team know how we can help with anything.
- Addressed a bug that would allow disconnected Highfive devices to sometimes show in the device list for a while after they have been disconnected.
- Improved stability of the Highfive device on calls with multiple videos of varying shapes and sizes.
- Fixed an issue where Dolby conference phones would sometimes update to the latest Highfive version only after a delay of one day.
- Fixed an issue that caused screen sharing from Android devices to render incorrectly for non-Android meeting participants.
- Added a prompt for a call rating after generating a dial-in phone number for a meeting. The data we collect with this prompt will help us improve the product quality for all users.
- Fixed an issue that would somestimes prevent the "Nobody else is sending video right now" notification from being shown when nobody else in the call is sending video.
- Added an in-app calendar feature which displays events from your calendar app. Tap on a calendar event to join the Highfive meeting if it was scheduled with a meeting link. When meetings are about to start, you’ll get a notification.
- End of call feedback has been added to the iOS app. Users are now able to rate their call experience when calls end. As with the other platforms, this will help us better identify and improve service and app quality issues.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.