The Highfive Engineering Team has been hard at work to bring you bug fixes and reliability improvements. With version 2.36, you’ll see new versions of the software for the Highfive device, the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app.
- Show error page when Slack authorization fails.
- Meeting names now appear correctly in URL when starting a meeting from the homescreen.
- More informative error message when a user has persistent connectivity problems with Highfive.
- Significantly reduce one cause of blank video when users join meetings
- Fixed an issue where expired dial-in numbers were still being displayed in the in-meeting invite panel.
- Unauthenticated users are prompted for an email address prior to entering a meeting, and are directed to login if they provide an email address matching the domain of the meeting.
- This reduces confusion from regular users inadvertently joining calls as guests.
- Fixed a bug where the Highfive app would spuriously re-foreground itself after a resume from sleep.
- Add-in for Office 365 and desktop Mac is now available for installation by following the steps in this article. Will be released to the Microsoft Store in the coming weeks.
- Updated home screen scrollbars to look nicer.
- Fix permissions diagram button positions on Windows
- Fixed an issue where the Highfive device would show multiple copies of the same video simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue with Highfive devices showing a foreign domain name on the idle screen after a call on that foreign domain.
- Fixed an issue where a user cannot start sharing their screen to a Highfive device belonging to a different domain.
- Fixed cases of the Highfive device doing an audio calibration routine in unexpected situations.
- Highfive device may restart during off-hours when on the wait/idle screen after several days of use to clean up resources.
- Fixed occasional glitchiness and flip-flopping of the number of videos displayed on the Highfive device.
- Fixed cropping of shared screen content when width of shared window is much larger than height of shared window.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.