The Highfive Engineering Team has been hard at work to bring you bug fixes and reliability improvements. With version 2.38, you’ll see new versions of the software for the Highfive device, the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app.
- Fix sporadic disconnects Highfive device experience on some networks.
- More efficient use of available bandwidth on standalone Highfive device and Chrome client performance.
- Allow multi-line chat messages. Type shift+enter in chat for a new line.
- Fix multiple causes of Highfive clients disconnecting as soon as they join a meeting.
- Faster call join and media flow on Chrome clients under certain conditions.
- Pressing enter on interstitial page joins meeting, provided that the A/V settings panel is not open.
- Fixed some rare instances of Chrome clients failing to share screen.
- Highfive device shows a status indicator while the call is being recorded.
- Highfive devices join calls faster, especially those in non-US geographies.
- Added full support for iPhoneX.
- Highfive now requires iOS 10 or later.
- Tapping the self-view when in a meeting will toggle the front/back camera.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.