This article will show you how to start your own Highfive video calls. To learn how to join a call instead, click here.
What you'll need:
- The Highfive application OR Google Chrome 60+ web browser: Google Chrome users can start and join Highfive video calls from the web browser. For users of other supported web browsers, the Highfive application can be downloaded/installed by clicking here.
- A Highfive account: You can create and log into your account by going to https://start.highfive.com. Click here to learn more.
To start a Highfive video call:
- Open Highfive by going to this link in your web browser: https://start.highfive.com
- Click Create meeting for now or later.
- Change the name of your call by editing the displayed Highfive meeting link. For example, you can use "team meeting". If you do not make any changes, we'll default to using your username as the call name.
- Select the Start meeting now option.
- Settings/Hardware - Working from a loud coffee shop or having a bad hair day? On the following preview screen, you can choose to enter the Highfive video call with your microphone muted and/or your camera disabled beforehand. If you have multiple audio or video devices connected to your computer, you can also select which one to use by clicking the Settings button.
- Join on TV - Clicking on this will let you initiate your call on the TV right away.
- Join by phone - If you prefer to dial-in to the meeting with your phone, select this option.
- When you're ready to start the meeting, click the Continue button.
- Highfive! You are now in the call you have started. From here, you can invite other users to join by using the Invite People menu.
Optional: If you wish to use the Highfive device in your conference room, click Move to TV and type out the name of the device. Your Highfive device's name will be located in the bottom-lefthand corner of your TV screen.