Screen share mode shares your entire desktop. This is great for Powerpoint presentations, code review, or when it’s easier to just show someone what you’re working on instead of trying to describe it to them.
How To Share Your Screen To A TV
- Open the Highfive app by going to the URL displayed on your Highfive-equipped TV screen. If you don't have the Highfive app yet, check out this page for steps to install the app.
- Click on the Share screen to TV option on the right side of the screen.
- A list of the Highfive-equipped TVs in your office will appear on the next screen. If you don’t see the one you wish to connect with, you can manually search for it by typing the device name out.
- Click on the name of the device that matches the one you see on the TV.
- Highfive! You are now wirelessly presenting your computer screen to your TV.
Note: If you select a Highfive device that’s currently in use, you will see the following notification.
Join & Share Screen: Click this if you would like to join the same call the Highfive device is on. When you join, you will automatically be presenting your screen with the current participants that are on the call.
Take Over with My Screen: Click this if you would like to end the screen sharing session the Highfive device is currently on and start your own new session. Selecting this option will disconnect the screen sharing session for the current user of the Highfive device.
- Install the Highfive app by going to the link you see displayed on the TV you would like to connect with (e.g. https://YourCompanyDomain.highfive.com).
- Once the Highfive app opens, a list of the Highfive-equipped TVs in around you will appear. If you don’t see the one you wish to connect with, you can manually search for it by typing the device name out and pressing Enter.
- Enter in the TV code that is displayed on your TV and click Start sharing.
Optional: If you’d like to invite participants to join your call, click the + button at the top of the Highfive app to open the Invite panel.
Q: How come I see some Highfive devices pop up automatically, but for others I need to type their names out to connect?
A: If your mobile device or Mac is Bluetooth-equipped, device lists will automatically populate with the names of devices that are nearby. For all other personal devices, or the Highfive device you wish to connect to is too far away for Bluetooth detection, you will can manually type out the device’s name to search for it. Note: For the convenience of Windows computer users, we will provide a full list of devices that are registered under your domain if your company owns less than 10 Highfive devices.
Q: Can others control my desktop while I’m sharing my screen?
A: Highfive screen sharing is broadcast-only. Remote users are unable to control your desktop and you cannot control theirs.
Q: Can I choose what video feeds I see from others while they are presenting?
A: Not at this time; however, the video feed you see on the upper-righthand corner of the app will show the current speaker, which switches automatically based on who we detect is talking.
Q: How do I take over a screen sharing presentation?
A: Click Share screen in the Highfive app at any point during a call to begin your own presentation. Once you are done presenting, you can click Stop sharing.
Next Step: Start Your First Highfive Video Call