You will see this error message when we are unable to detect any audio input device (microphone) on your computer.
You can check for the following and reach out to your IT team or desktop administrator for assistance if you cannot resolve the problem:
- If you are joining your meeting using the latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, make sure Highfive microphone permissions are not blocked. You can click on the lock icon that appears in the URL address bar to ensure Highfive has access to your microphone.
- Make sure the correct microphone is selected in Highfive by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom-lefthand corner of the Highfive window while on a call.
- Check for any available microphone driver updates on your computer.
- If available, see if any other applications or services also have trouble using your microphone. Example: You can run the WebRTC system test found here (https://test.webrtc.org/) to check your computer's sound settings to ensure successful microphone pickup, etc.
- Verify that no anti-virus or system-level privacy settings are preventing Highfive from accessing your microphone.