Interviewing over Highfive - The Quick Basics
First, congratulations on using Highfive to interview! We are glad you either chose to use video or are getting the opportunity to use video for your interview. We think it's better and hope you find it better as well :)
Using Highfive is pretty simple, but we wanted to provide you with some pro-tips to get the best interview experience:
If you are a candidate:
Join the call
Every company is different, but most will use an interview URL that will look something like this:
Of course, we recommend verifying the link sent by your recruiter, as they may use a different format
- For example: Suppose your name is Jon Lunetta and you are interviewing at Evernote. Your URL will likely be evernote.highfive.com/jonlunetta
- Make sure you are in a quiet location with good lighting.
- Before your interview find a location that is quiet and away from interruption.
- Make sure there is ample lighting in the room. If you're sitting near a window, make sure you're not behind it. Sit with your computer, facing the window.
- Before your interview, go to the URL supplied by your recruiter to download the Highfive app.
- Make sure you have a good enough internet connection to support video.
If you are an interviewer:
- Video interviews are different than phone screens.
- Treat them more like an in-person interview. Feel free to communicate with body language and expression.
- If you're using a Highfive device in a conference room, make sure:
- The TV is switched to the correct input.
- The TV volume is turned on.
- Pro Tip: Give the candidate a tour of the office by moving the call from the TV to your laptop and walk around the office to give them a tour.
If you are a coordinator:
- When you are scheduling an interview with a candidate, let them know early that you will be using video to conduct the interview.
- Confirm with the candidate they are comfortable using video.
- Confirm with the candidate they have a supported laptop. (any computer with an i5 processor or later)
- Confirm with the candidate they have access to a good internet connection.
- Communicate to the candidate throughout the interview process, they will have a dedicated interview URL:
- For example: Suppose their name is Sally Hemming and you are interviewing at Evernote. Your URL should be evernote.highfive.com/sallyhemming
And that's it! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for using Highfive!