Note: Product update release notes are posted about a week ahead of the release to alert you to tentative updates and bug fixes for that release. Currently, release notes are sent to a main contact at each company that uses Highfive. If you'd like to subscribe to our release notes, click here.
Highfive version 1.28 was shipped on 10/13/15.
We’re incredibly excited to deliver one of your most requested features: the ability to see multiple remote participants at the same time. Highfive will now show you up to three video feeds simultaneously, making the call feel more like you’re talking to someone in the same room. Read this article to learn more.
This release also brings 3 new configuration options to your Highfive domain dashboard, making it much easier to customize each device. We’re also updating the UI of the domain dashboard to improve usability. For each of your Highfive devices, you’ll now be able to:
- Choose between a wide-angle, 120° field of view or a slightly-narrower 80°
- Switch to external speakers for rooms where it makes sense
- Update a device’s name and timezone
Additionally, this update will use the CEC standard on supported televisions, to allow a user to turn on a TV and switch it to the correct input simply by moving a call to a screen connected to a Highfive device. To get your TV ready for this feature, check out this article.
Lastly, to avoid confusion for end users, we've removed the link to the domain dashboard from the Highfive desktop app. Going forward, the only way to navigate to the domain dashboard is by visiting YourCompanyDomain.highfive.com/domain/dashboard directly.
The rest of the updates from this release are listed below.
- Improved the bitrate for screen sharing during good network conditions
- Fixed an issue related to Highfive customer domains with non .com addresses
- Improved how we handle user names that start with a number
- Updated the look and feel of your domain dashboard
- Added ability to change devices name, timezone, audio out source, and angle size from the domain dashboard
- Enabled Auto-mute detection, allowing you to know if your TV’s or external speakers aren’t transmitting sound
- Fixed an issue with video corruption after a user's resolution changed Fixed various crashes
Highfive Desktop Apps
- Fixed an issue where, when switching between video streams, someone's name would appear before their video
- Fixed various crashes Huge video improvement for networks with high packet loss
- Fixed a UI issue with the participants panel on Windows Removed link to the domain dashboard
- Fixed an issue where a rare scenario could cause a few minutes of poor quality video from a Highfive Device
- When moving to a Highfive device, we’ve reduced the number of nearby devices that appear in the list
- Resolved an issue that could cause a user to be unable to select a nearby device
- Added split screen support for supported iPad models
- Updated our unsupported devices page on iOS devices
- Fixed a number of issues on iOS that could cause a video freeze
- Fixed an issue where the app might freeze when changing orientation to or from landscape
- Redesigned the waiting room experience
- Enabled input volume gain control
- Added a hint on login screen for guests to tap on the call link and open with Highfive
- Added call shortcuts to the app home screen for recent and upcoming calls
- Fixes for a few bugs as well as addressed some UI and call quality issues
- Added bluetooth headset support
- Fixed an issue related to waiting room notifications when the app is the background
- Fixed an UI issue related to changing orientation to or from landscape
- Resolved an issue relating to logging into the app