Your team's Highfive administrator should set up the integration from your team's domain dashboard (this only needs to be done once). If you're not an administrator, you can head straight here to set up Slack invites from a Highfive call.
In order to integrate Highfive with Slack so you can send and receive invites to calls using your favorite chat client, watch the quick video or follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Head to your Domain Dashboard at [YourCompanyDomain].highfive.com/domain/dashboard/settings/integrations/list
- Select Integrations from the menu on the left, under Devices
- Click on the gear icon on the Slack row
- Select Expand in the Setup Instructions bubble
- Follow the list of instructions that appear
- Once you've entered the Webhook URL and have generated and pasted the Slash Command URL on Slacks page, hit the orange Save button
- Now that you have the integration setup, it's time to use it!
Now that you have Slack integrated with Highfive, you can use a simple "slash command" to create a Highfive URL!
- Open Slack and enter a group channel or direct chat
- Type "/highfive" followed by the name of the call you intend to create
- Hit enter to place a link in the chat!
- When you're in a Highfive call, select the "+" circle at the top to open the invite panel. Choose Click to authorize Slack
- Type in your company's Slack domain on the next screen where it says teamdomain
- Click through the sign-in process
- The final step before you can use the integration is to hit the Authorize button after signing in
- Now you'll have the option of inviting your coworkers to your Highfive call via Slack!
- Simply open the invite panel while in a call, start typing the name of a person or group in Slack to send it off!
- Your invites will show up in Slack like the example below: