Highfive customers on select service plans and their external (guest) participants have the ability to join Highfive video calls from their phones by using Highfive's Dial-in or Call Me features.
Learn how to...
- Call into a meeting with the Dial-In feature
- Have Highfive call you (or your guest) with the Call Me feature
See also our Frequently Asked Questions.
From a Calendar Event Invitation (Computers and Mobile Devices)
- Open the calendar event details view.
- Click the Or, join with a phone instead link in the Description field. A new browser tab will open.
- Click the Get a dial-in number instead link. A phone number will be generated.
- Dial the phone number. You can use any phone to join your meeting.
Note: Mobile phone users can tap the phone number and the phone's dialer app will open automatically. Press the Dial button to begin the call.
While In a Highfive video call (Computer)
- Click the + (Add) button at the top of the Highfive app window. The Invite panel opens.
- Click the Get dial-in number button.
- Dial the number that appears.
- Open the calendar event details view.
- Click on the phone link in the event's Description field. A new web browser tab will open.
- Choose your country from the drop-down menu on the left.
- Type your phone number in the blank field.
- Click the Call me button to have Highfive dial the phone number.
What Do You See?
- I see: "Highfive will dial your number once a person who is already in the meeting admits you into the call."
If you see this screen, Highfive will dial the number you provided only after someone in the meeting lets you in. You may appear as "Phone caller" in the waiting room list.
- I see: "We're calling..." and a phone number. Highfive is now calling the number provided. To cancel the call and leave the meeting, click the End call button.
Note: This feature only allows direct-dialing to phone numbers, so do not use a phone number that requires dialing an extension or navigating a phone menu.
Are the numbers toll free?
Highfive will not charge you for using the dial-in feature, but your mobile or telephone service provider may. If you have questions about talk-time limits and long-distance fees, please contact your service provider.
Do you support international dial-in phone numbers?
Yes! We provide local dial-in numbers for customers located in the following countries and regions:
If your country or region is not listed here, the Dial-in number you see will be for a US-based phone number. We suggest using the Call Me feature instead.
Can I send the dial-in number to someone in advance?
Dial-in phone numbers are valid for a limited amount of time to help keep your meetings secure. To ensure your meeting participants easy access to the meeting, send participants a Highfive video or phone meeting link and ask them to click the "join with a phone" link.
Phone Number Time Limits can vary. Check the following for the limits:
- From the "Get dial-in number" in the Invite panel (during a meeting): 90 minutes.
- For logged-in Highfive users on computers or mobile devices: 90 seconds.
- For guests participants on computers or mobile devices: 90 minutes.
Can I dial-out to others using Highfive?
Yes! See "Have Highfive Call You or Your Guests", earlier in this article.
What happens if I get a Highfive dial-in phone number while I'm located in an unsupported country?
If you are in an unsupported country and click the "Get a dial-in number" link, Highfive will provide a United States phone number. Highfive does not charge you extra but your mobile or telephone service provider may. If you have questions about talk-time limits and international long-distance fees, please contact your service provider.
How many people can dial-in to a Highfive call?
A total of 50 participants (including callers) can be in a Highfive call at the same time.
Will my avatar show when I join via dial-in?
If you join from a mobile device where you are logged-in to the Highfive app, your personal avatar will show. Guest users and users who are not logged-in to their Highfive accounts will have a generic avatar.
What devices are supported?
On Android, iOS, and Windows mobile phones, we offer the full dial-in experience: When you tap a phone number inside the Highfive app, it loads that number into your phone's dialer app, so you can press Dial to connect.
For all users on other mobile operating systems or conference phone types, send them an even invitation or a Highfive meeting link and they can get the dial-in phone number from there. They can manually enter into their device's dialer pad.
I'm using Apple Continuity to tether my tablet to my phone. Can I use it to dial-in?
Yes! However, while untethered tablets will be presented with a phone number, the call will not complete.