Highfive offers 2 user roles: Admin and User
The only difference between the two roles is that Admins have the ability to access the Highfive Domain Dashboard, which allows user, device, and account management.
Other than that, both user roles have the same abilities and can share screens, start, and join meetings using the exact same steps.
What is my User Role?
- For customers on the Standard, Professional, or Professional Plus plans, the first user that creates a Highfive account in an organization will automatically be promoted to Admin status.
- There is no limit on the number of Admins an organization can have.
- This role is not available in the Essential plan.
- This is the default user role for all newly registered Highfive accounts.
- This role is available in all Highfive plans.
If you are not sure what your user role is, ask a Highfive Admin to check for you. In most cases, this is the same individual that purchased or is deploying the Highfive video conferencing system for your organization.
Alternatively, you can log into your Highfive account and then try accessing your Highfive Domain Dashboard. If you are redirected to the Highfive home page instead of the dashboard, you do not have sufficient permissions to access the dashboard and are a User.
How to be an Admin
Contact a Highfive Admin in your organization if you wish to be promoted from User to Admin. In most cases, this is the same individual that purchased or is deploying the Highfive video conferencing system for your organization.
For security, Highfive employees will not change the role of any user account without explicit written permission from a current Highfive Admin or purchaser of the Highfive solution in an organization.
Updating User Roles (ADMIN-ONLY)
- Go to your Highfive Domain Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Users section.
- Click on the name of the user that you'd like to update.
- Click on their current status (User or Admin) and then select the desired role.
- Click Done to save your changes.