"The installer encountered error 1612: The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."
If you are getting the following error when trying to attempt installing the Highfive application on your Windows computer, please try the steps below.
Note: If you need to get into a Highfive video call immediately, one suggested workaround is to use the in-browser version of Highfive by navigating to your Highfive meeting link in Google Chrome (version 60+). This experience does not require you to download and install the Highfive desktop application. Your Highfive meeting link can be found in the calendar or email invitation for the meeting and will follow this format: https://CompanyDomain.highfive.com/Meeting-Name
- Navigate to Microsoft's Support Site: Click Here
- Click Download to get Microsoft's Programs Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to scan your computer for issues.
- Depending on how far you were able to get into the installation of the Highfive application, you may or may not see the HighfiveApp listed under the Select the program you are trying to install page.
- If you see the HighfiveApp, select it and then click Next.
- If you do not see the HighfiveApp, select Not Listed and then click Next.
- Install the Highfive application again by navigating to https://start.highfive.com
- If you're still having issues installing the Highfive application, please contact your IT team or systems administrator to ensure there are no group policies or security settings preventing you from installing the Highfive application. Our security and permissions requirements can be found here.
Note: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the tools that Microsoft offers for troubleshooting, we recommend contacting Microsoft Support.