If you join a Highfive video call and the app keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on it’s own, follow these steps.
- Check to see if anyone else that’s connected to the same network is experiencing the same issue.
- If they are, reach out to your IT team or network administrator to see if Port 5005 is open on your network.
- Close any other applications open on your computer that may be using your webcam at the same time as Highfive.
- Examples: Skype, Hangouts, etc.
- If you are using an external USB webcam:
- Try plugging the webcam into a different USB port.
- Make sure the correct camera is selected within the Highfive application by clicking on the cogwheel next to your self-view window.
- Note: If you make any changes to your USB camera configuration, quit the Highfive application and then rejoin the call.
If the issue persists after trying the steps above, please contact the Highfive Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 464-4445 through the hours of 7am-5pm Pacific Time on weekdays.