This article will show you how to connect your Dolby conference phone (DCP) to your Highfive device. Both devices establish and maintain a P2P connection over your Local Area Network (LAN).
- The Dolby conference phone requires a Power-over-Ethernet (“PoE”) port to provide both power and network connectivity to the device. If a PoE port is not available, you can:
- Contact your Highfive Account Executive to purchase a PoE injector. This device connects between your Dolby conference phone and currently existing ethernet port, supplying the connection with power.
- Purchase a switch with PoE as a feature. The only requirements we have are to make sure it has 802.3af compatibility and can provide 13W of power. If you plan on connecting any other PoE devices in the future, it is a good idea to get a switch that can support the increased wattage requirements.
- The PoE jack needs to be on the same subnet and VLAN (if applicable) as the Highfive device you wish to connect it to.
- The Highfive device needs to be fully set up and on the “Get started at…” home page prior to setting up the Dolby device.
- The Dolby device needs to be within 25 feet (line-of-sight) of the Highfive device.
- The DCP connection to the LAN is 100 Mbps max. There is no support for 1000 Mbps or higher with the current DCP hardware, though it should work fine at 100 Mbps on higher bitrate networks.
Pair a DCP to a Highfive camera
- Connect the Dolby conference phone to your PoE wall jack or switch.
- The Dolby conference phone will begin to boot up (takes a few minutes) and will search for nearby Highfive devices.
- Once your Highfive device appears on the Dolby conference phone's screen, tap on its name, which is located on the lower-lefthand side of your TV screen. If many devices populate, you can swipe your finger upwards/downwards on the touch-screen to scroll and search for your device.
- Your TV will display a pairing code. Enter this code on the screen of your Dolby conference phone.
- If this is the first time you are setting up your Dolby conference phone, it will perform an update that will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Once your TV displays the Dolby Voice logo in the bottom-righthand corner, your Dolby device is ready for use.
Use your DCP
- Start or join a Highfive video call on your computer or mobile device.
- Click “Move to TV” within the Highfive application.
- Select the name of the Highfive device you connected your Dolby conference phone to.
- The meeting will move up to your TV and the call audio will now be serviced by your Dolby device.
Switch a DCP to a new Highfive camera
DCPs are resilient in that they keep their device pairing data if they lose power. To clear this configuration data so the device can be used with a new camera, the device needs to be restored to factory settings.
- Unplug the DCP from the PoE connection.
- Press and hold the Mute and Volume Down buttons with one hand.
- While keeping these buttons pressed, plug the PoE connection back in with the other hand.
- Hold the buttons down until the light ring turns yellow. Release the buttons. The device will finish rebooting.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your DCP to a new Highfive camera. See the "Pair a DCP to a Highfive camera" section earlier in this article for detailed instructions.
If your Dolby conference phone is unable to connect and pair with your Highfive device, please click here for troubleshooting steps.