This article will show you how to connect your Dolby Device to your Highfive device. Both devices establish and maintain a P2P connection over your Local Area Network (LAN).
- The Dolby device requires a Power-over-Ethernet (“PoE”) port to provide both power and network connectivity to the device. If a PoE port is not available, a PoE injector that states 802.3af compatibility may be used with your existing ethernet port.
- The PoE jack needs to be on the same subnet and VLAN (if applicable) as the Highfive device you wish to connect it to.
- The Highfive device needs to be fully set up and on the “Get started at…” home page prior to setting up the Dolby device.
- The Dolby device needs to be within 25 feet (line-of-sight) of the Highfive device.
Connecting the Dolby device to your Highfive device:
- Connect the Dolby device to your PoE wall jack or switch.
- The Dolby device will begin to boot up (takes a few minutes) and will search for nearby Highfive devices.
- Once your Highfive device appears on the Dolby device’s screen, tap on its name, which is located on the lower-lefthand side of your TV screen. If many devices populate, you can swipe your finger upwards/downwards on the touch-screen to scroll and search for your device.
- Your TV will display a pairing code. Enter this code on the screen of your Dolby device.
- If this is the first time you are setting up your Dolby device, it will perform an update that will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Once your Dolby device gets to the “Go to this URL…” screen, it is now ready for use.
Using your Dolby device:
- Start or join a Highfive video call on your computer or mobile device.
- Click “Move to TV” within the Highfive application.
- Select the name of the Highfive device you connected your Dolby Device to.
- The meeting will move up to your TV and the call audio will now be serviced by your Dolby device.
If your Dolby Device is unable to connect and pair with your Highfive device, please click here for troubleshooting steps.
For assistance with your Highfive and Dolby devices, please contact Highfive Support at email@example.com or (844) 464-4445 through the hours of 7am-5pm Pacific Time on weekdays.