The Highfive application is designed to automatically locate and load all of the files it needs to run. If you seem to be stuck on this message, follow the steps below.
“The program can’t start because dvconference_client-2.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
1. Uninstall the Highfive application.
2. Delete Highfive-associated files that aren't part of the installer.
- Open Computer
- Open Users
- Open your User Account folder
- Open AppData (you may need to enable Hidden Files and Folders:
- Windows 7 - by clicking on Organize and then View
- Windows 8.x - by clicking on View and then Options
- Windows 10 - by clicking View and checking the Hidden Items box)
- Open Local
- Locate the Highfive folder
- Right-click on the Highfive folder and select Delete
- Empty your Recycle Bin
3. Clear cookies for your web browser.
- Google Chrome: Settings > Show advanced settings > Clear browsing data > Obliterate the following items from the beginning of time > Clear browsing data
- Mozilla Firefox: Menu > History > Clear recent history > Set time range to clear Everything > Select Details > Ensure Cookies is selected > Click Clear now
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Safety > Delete browsing history > Ensure Cookies is selected > Click Delete
4. Check for available Windows Updates.
5. Disable any running Anti-Virus software.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Reinstall the Highfive application by going to start.highfive.com.
If this did not resolve the problem, something on the computer is preventing the Highfive application from finding all of the needed .dll files. There are a variety of reasons this may occur, including a system file being moved, renamed, or corrupted, Anti-Virus software preventing communications, a user permission settings, UAC, Group Policy Settings, etc... As every system and environment is different, it may be helpful to have your IT team help you try the following:
- Check for system updates (Window Updates, in particular, being out of date can cause this issue.
- Logging in as a domain admin and a local admin to see if the problem occurs for both. If one works but not the other, there is likely a group policy setting causing the conflict.
- Uninstall your Anti-Virus, restart the computer, and retry Highfive. MAKE SURE TO REINSTALL YOUR ANTI-VIRUS WHEN YOU ARE DONE. If Highfive worked, then there is something in your Anti-Virus causing the issue and you will want to check with them to find out how to allow (whitelist) Highfive.
- Try using Highfive on a different computer (or are your coworkers having the same problems?) If it is working on another computer then the issue is localized to your computer, and could be solved by re-imaging.
If you are still seeing the "Program cannot start because libx264.dll is missing." message after following these steps, please feel free to contact Highfive Support at (844)464-4445 or email email@example.com through the hours of 7am-5pm Pacific Time.