Note: Product update release notes are posted the day of the release. Currently, release notes are sent to a main contact at each company that uses Highfive. If you'd like to subscribe to our release notes, click here.
We’ve updated Highfive. Changes in this release include:
- You can now paste an entire call URL as a video call name when joining a video call from the home screen. For example, to join ‘http://yourdomain.highfive.com/welcome-call’, you can paste in the URL or type ‘welcome call’ to join.
- The Dolby Voice logo has been updated to make sure you know when the Highfive device is connected to the Dolby speaker.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.
Additional updates include:
- Fixed: An issue that caused the invite panel to not be sized correctly in a video call with one other person.
- Fixed: An issue that caused no audio to play when your computer doesn’t have a mic.
- Improved: You can now paste an entire call URL when joining a video call from the home screen.
- Improved: Users in Italy and Israel can now use local dial-in numbers when they need to join a Highfive call by phone. Learn more
- Fixed: An issue that caused the mute icon to incorrectly show as red after moving call to TV.
- Fixed: Issue with the Highfive app sometimes reporting DLL errors and being stuck in an update loop.
- Improved: The Dolby Voice logo has been updated to make sure you know when the Highfive device is connected to the Dolby speaker.