The Highfive Engineering Team has been hard at work to bring you bug fixes and reliability improvements. With version 2.42, you’ll see new versions of the software for the Highfive device, the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app.
- Guests admitted through the waiting room no longer have access to admit other guests.
- Removed the ability to remotely unmute someone else's microphone.
- Properly save updated event details field in the new Google Calendar UI.
- Calendar extension now properly handle call names with emojis.
- In Google Calendar, the “Add Video Call” button will be hidden for read-only events.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Outlook add-in to become disabled.
- Removed bluetooth discovery of Highfive devices from web application due to broken bluetooth functionality with High Sierra.
- Users will see a persistent notification when there is an error using their microphone or camera.
- Device list will periodically refresh while the device settings modal is open.
- Fixed a bug that caused blurry video from Windows devices.
- Fix some cases of the Highfive device failing to use the Dolby speaker and mic in calls.
- Better handling of errors when the Dolby device goes offline.
- Improved call join reliability for the Dolby device.
- Highfive google calendar notification support.
- Dolby Audio 2.9.1 update which supports Android 8.1.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps and devices will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.