Use Office 365 instead of Google? Click Here
Want to see your conference room’s calendar events on your Dolby conference phone? We have just the feature for you!
Highfive's Google calendar integration will let you tap-to-join meetings that your conference room is booked for, right from your Dolby device.
If you meet the following requirements, you can set up this integration for your team:
- You are on the Highfive Plus or Premium meeting room plans. (The older Professional and Professional Plus plans are supported, too.)
- Google Calendar Integration
- Your organization uses Google G Suite for work.
- Your meeting rooms are set up as Google Calendar resources.
- Go to your Highfive Domain Dashboard. The template to access your dashboard is as follows: YourCompanyDomain.highfive.com/domain/dashboard/settings/integrations/list
- Learn more about the Domain Dashboard.
- Note: Make sure the Highfive system is not in use when making these changes.
- Your Dolby conference phone will display up to 3 current and upcoming events.
- Tapping on a Highfive meeting will allow you to join the call. If you tap on an event and do not see the option to join, the event is not a Highfive meeting. (See FAQ section below.)
- Go to your YourCompanyDomain.highfive.com/domain/dashboard/settings/integrations/list
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Select Google Calendar Resources.
- Click Disable Integration.
Is this available for Microsoft Outlook Calendar?
Yes! Click here to learn more.
I tapped on an event, but do not see the option to join. What happened?
Highfive connects with Google to display all events that your room has been booked for. You will only be able to join events that are Highfive meetings, which are scheduled with our Google Calendar extension. Click here to learn how to schedule Highfive meetings.
How does the integration decide which events to show?
- Any scheduled meeting that has the conference room added to the event will be displayed.
- For security and privacy, meetings scheduled via Google Calendar as Private events will have the display name "Reserved" and cannot be joined from the Dolby conference phone.
- A meeting will continue to be displayed for one (1) hour after it’s start time. This allows late-starters to still join the meeting from the Dolby conference phone. If you leave a meeting after 1 hour has elapsed, you will not be able to rejoin it from the Dolby conference phone. Instead, you can rejoin from a computer or mobile device, and then move the call up to your TV.
I don’t see my Meeting Room name under the Integration Settings page. What do I do?
Highfive receives this information from Google, so you will need to log into your G Suite account as an administrator and check your resource configuration. More information on Google Calendar Resources can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1686462?hl=en
We’ve changed our meeting room names in G Suite. What do I need to do in Highfive to update this?
Go to the Devices page on your Domain Dashboard to rename your Highfive units.
I accidentally matched the incorrect Meeting Room to my Device. Will this break something?
No, but it can make the Highfive experience confusing for your users. Simply go to your Domain Dashboard and select “Unassigned” or pick the correct Meeting Room name and save your settings to fix this.
If you have any questions or issues regarding the Dolby conference phone's integration to Google Calendar, please contact the Highfive Support team at email@example.com.