To minimize complexity, Highfive recommends a direct connection between your Dolby Voice Hub and Dolby Conference Phone. The Dolby Voice hub provides your Dolby Conference Phone with power, as well as a network connection.
However, in conference rooms where a direct connection between both devices is not possible or desired, you can connect the Dolby Voice hub to one ethernet port and the Dolby Conference Phone to a separate one.
- Although the final result will be a detached configuration, a portion of the setup will require a direct Dolby Voice Hub-to-Conference phone connection.
- The Dolby Conference Phone requires a Power-over-Ethernet (“PoE”) port to provide both power and network connectivity to the device. If a PoE port is not available, you can:
- Contact your Highfive Account Executive to purchase a PoE injector. This device connects between your Dolby conference phone and currently existing ethernet port, supplying the connection with power.
- Purchase a switch with PoE as a feature. Make sure it has 802.3af compatibility and can provide 13W of power. If you plan on connecting any other PoE devices in the future, it is a good idea to get a switch that can support the increased wattage requirements.
- The PoE port you wish to use needs to be on the same subnet and VLAN as the Dolby Voice Hub.
- The Dolby Conference Phone needs to be within 25 feet (line-of-sight) of the Highfive device.
- Set up your Highfive Premium room using the default attached configuration: Instructions Here
- Once fully set up, unplug the Dolby Conference Phone from the Dolby Voice Hub.
- Plug the Dolby Conference Phone into the desired ethernet port in your conference room.
- Important: The port you use must meet the requirements listed above.
- Dolby Voice Room Administrator's Guide (Page 35, Sect. 4.9 "Setting up Dolby Voice Room with detached configuration"
Having trouble setting up your Highfive Premium system with a detached Dolby Conference Phone configuration? Reach out to the Highfive Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.