This article provides an overview of Highfive's static phone number feature.
When any meeting is scheduled using Highfive's Google or Outlook Calendar integrations, a static dial-in phone number and PIN code for the meeting will automatically be included in the event's description field.
To join by phone, a participant simply needs to dial the provided phone number, followed by the PIN code. If the dial-in number (with appended PIN code) is tapped from a mobile phone, the PIN code will automatically be keyed in for the user.
The PIN code allows participants to join the Highfive meeting automatically. They will not be placed in the Guest user waiting room.
This phone number and PIN code will not change and can be used again and again for recurring meetings. If needed, the PIN code can be revoked and invalidated by a Highfive Admin. (See Revoking PIN Codes.)
To learn more about other ways participants can join by phone, click here.
Highfive Admins can revoke meeting PIN codes to make them invalid. Common reasons for revoking a PIN code include: removing dial-in access for a participant who is no longer with the company, or when there are changes a meeting's invitee list.
To Revoke a PIN Code:
- Log in as a Highfive Admin and navigate to your Highfive Domain Dashboard. If you are a Highfive User without sufficient permission to access the page, ask a Highfive Admin for assistance.
- Select Meeting PINs from the Settings menu.
- Select the meeting you will be revoking the PIN code for. If there are multiple instances of the same meeting name, you can find the right one by searching for the PIN code that is provided in the calendar event invitation. In this example, the PIN is 8399-97-1645.
- Click Revoke PIN. The code will be invalidated and no longer work.
- To view PINs that have been revoked, click Active from the drop-down menu and select Revoked as your filter.
- Dial tones muted: Mobile phone users who have their dial pad tone sounds muted will hear silence instead of their PIN code being automatically keyed in. The lack of sound may give the impression that something is wrong, but users will still join successfully. This can be fixed by enabling dial tone sounds in the phone's settings.
- Inputting wrong PIN code: Users entering in the wrong PIN code will hear a recorded message informing them the code is invalid. A follow-up message will be played asking the user to re-enter the PIN code correctly, but the user's attempt will fail, even if the code is correct. We recommend that the user hangs up and dials back in while we work on fixing this.