Highfive's Town Hall mode differentiates between key speakers (Presenters) and participants (Listeners) during larger meetings.
Table of Contents
- The first four (4) participants joining a meeting will be classified as Presenters. Unless specified otherwise prior to joining, the microphone and camera will automatically be enabled upon joining.
- In any call exceeding four (4) participants, Highfive will automatically switch to Town Hall mode. New participants will join as Listeners.
- Presenters: Participants broadcasting audio and/or video.
- Listeners: Participants who are not broadcasting audio and video.
- Regardless of meeting role, anyone can click the Share screen button to present their screen.
- Guest participants also have the ability to switch themselves or others between the Listener and Presenter roles.
- This feature allows participants to switch themselves or others between the Listener and Presenter roles during a call.
- Any participant that disables both their microphone and camera at any point in time will automatically be demoted to the Listener role.
- Any participant that enables either their microphone or camera at any point in time will automatically be promoted to the Presenter role.
- Participants can also remotely demote and promote other participants by clicking the Participants icon in the top-left corner of the Highfive window. Hover your cursor over the participant and select the ↑ (up) or ↓ (down) arrow.
- Demoting another participant remotely from Presenter to Listener will take effect immediately, and their microphone and camera will be disabled.
- For privacy reasons, promoting another participant from Listener to Presenter will send them a request that requires approval before activating their microphone. The Presenter can choose to enable their camera afterwards.
- This feature allows participants to switch phone callers between the Listener and Presenter roles during a call. The caller can also switch roles by pressing the 6 key on their dial pad.
- A caller that is a Presenter caller can disable their microphone by pressing the 6 key during a meeting. They will automatically be demoted to the Listener role.
- A caller that is a Listener caller can enable their microphone by pressing the 6 key during a meeting. They will automatically be promoted to the Presenter role.
- If a phone caller is demoted by another participant from Presenter to Listener, the change will take effect immediately and their microphone will be disabled.
- For privacy reasons, if a phone caller is promoted by another participant from Listener to Presenter, Highfive will notify them over the phone and the caller will need to press the 6 key to activate their microphone.
- This feature is not available on mobile devices. We will notify you when it is via the Highfive Release Notes.