The Highfive Engineering Team has been hard at work to bring you bug fixes and reliability improvements. With version 2.64, you’ll see new versions of the software for the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app.
- Users registering in multi-domain environments (where the email address of the user is different than their primary domain, or other domains in which they have permissions) will be immediately configured with the correct memberships & permissions, rather than having to wait up to 24 hours. Also, users whose primary domain is configured for SAML but who login with a different email address may now successfully register with passwordless email verification.
- Fixed a rare case of web and premium-rooms not showing a screenshare feed in large calls.
- Fixed a rare case of Highfive devices not producing audio until rebooted.
- Rolling out an update where new users will automatically be brought into their meeting after installing the app from the App Store
- Fixes for a few crashes
- No longer request permissions as the app launches, instead the permissions are requested contextually, as needed.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.