The Highfive Engineering Team has been hard at work to bring you bug fixes and reliability improvements. With version 2.78, you’ll see new versions of the software for the mobile apps, the desktop app, and the web app.
- Highfive.link is being rolled out to users, making it easier for guest users to screen share to a Highfive device. A new prompt has been added to the idle screen which says, “To wirelessly screen share, go to highfive.link/[code]”. The code cycles every few minutes to prevent abuse. If a user navigates to that short URL, even a guest, they will start an ad hoc Highfive meeting and be immediately prompted to screen share.
- Fixed a sorting bug for Microsoft Calendar meetings.
- Reliability improvements for admitting guests from waiting room.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users with the same email as an existing user to be added.
- Fixed “see all devices” link on the successful device setup page.
- Inviting disabled users in admin dashboard no longer causes a log out.
- Improved usability on smaller desktop screen sizes.
- Townhall Mode is now available on Android. Learn more about the features here.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect layout when switching in landscape mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect layout for lonely caller.
- Highfive device is now displayed in participant panel.
As always, you can sit back and relax while we do all the work of updating for you. Highfive desktop apps will automatically update over the next 24 hours, while updates to our mobile apps will be available in their respective app stores.