Highfive allows you to collaborate with others from virtually anywhere. From being on the road to working from home, we can help you stay connected!
As a technology that enables remote work, we have collected the following tips and best practices over time, both internally and from our customers.
- Use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to join your Highfive meetings in-browser. (No additional Highfive app download or install required!)
- Set up Highfive integrations with your calendar and chat service, in order to start, join, and schedule meetings more efficiently.
- Use an external USB webcam instead of the built-in camera on your laptop. The image quality from external webcams is generally sharper and more colorful than what you would see from a built-in laptop camera.
- Use a dedicated headset/headphones or speakerphone instead of the built-in microphone and speakers on your laptop. As with the webcam, you will generally get much better audio quality this way.
- Be available on your company's chat service (e.g. Slack, Teams, etc.). Respond quickly to your messages, even if it's just to say that you saw them and you'll get back to it later.
- Be quick to jump into a Highfive video call from chat, to resolve issues more efficiently when chat is too slow or leads to miscommunication.
- Turn your video camera on during meetings. Socialize this with co-workers and have them do the same. This helps you build better relationships, see body language, and feel connected.
- To help build and maintain a sense of connection, dedicate some extra time for banter and off-topic conversations before or after meeting, just like you do in the office.
- Get dressed every morning like you would in an office. If you look good, you feel good, and you do well.
- Have a dedicated home workspace. This allows you to be productive in one place, and not make your home always feel like work. If you need a boost of creativity, move the workspace around.